Last week CMS ASP students took a field trip to the CSC Planetarium in honor of International Space Week. Some of the things they learned are:
- If you look at the sun (only through a solar telescope!) you are actually seeing 8 minutes into the past because of how long it takes the light from the sun to reach us.
- White Dwarf planets are like planet-sized diamonds
- The stars in the cluster Pleiades are so large that if any one of them exploded it would create so much light that we wouldn't have night for 2 weeks straight.
- When a star explodes it is called a supernova.
- NASA is planning on eventually colonizing both our moon and the planet Mars.
|CMS ASP students had so much fun that they did the Conga on the way back!|